The original building dates back to the 15th century and over the centuries the Monastery has been home to the confraternity of San Rocco dedicated to caring for the sick, then to the Dominicans, the Servants of Mary, and finally the Cistercian Monks, who opened a college there. After careful renovation works carried out in compliance with the Arezzo Monuments and Fine Arts Office and the environment, in 2019 it opens its new doors as an elegant boutique Hotel.
The original monastery structure can be read in the layout of the spaces, in the beamed or vaulted ceilings, in the frescoes that have been recovered and restored, in the imposing corridors, in the loggias. All furnishings have been custom made by local craftsmen in a classic-modern style that harmoniously merges with the architecture of the building. Particular care has been taken as to the comfort of the beds. The main colours are pale and bright, with pastel touches in some rooms. The floors and bathrooms are mostly made from travertine marble, with some wooden floors. The friars’ refectory has become a large hall and the restaurant is distinctive for the fragments of frescos dating back to 1676. The oldest part has been transformed into a spa with indoor swimming pool and the central open space now features a garden and Plunge Pool. Indoor garage is available for guests of the hotel discovering the beauty of the area by car.
Check-in 3pm | Check-out 11am
Access to the property is only permitted to guests who are at least 13 years old.
Although we love them, pets are not permitted within the property.